Returning Residents

If you are a non-UK citizen and are not currently in the UK, but have previously been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you may be eligible to return to the UK for settlement as a returning resident.

The requirements that you will need to satisfy in order to be admitted to the UK for settlement as a returning resident will vary depending upon whether you have been away from the UK for more, or less, than 2 years. If you have been outside the UK for more than 2 years then you should apply for a Returning Resident visa before travelling. You may also apply if you have been away for less than 2 years. In each case, entry to the UK may be refused if the requirements of the Immigration Rules are not satisfied.